Thursday, May 02, 2013

Whoseywhatsit Thursday: Whatcha Bloggin' About?

I've had blog content on the brain lately.



I used to mostly follow blogs through the reader on my Blogger dashboard, but since I took over the pre-k at my work, I haven't had as much time to scroll through. So now, I mostly read via clicking through on twitter or facebook, or blogs I subscribe to via email.

And recently, I've gotten a couple of emailed blogs that have me scratching my head. Like, constant posts about appearances. Now, I'm the first one to want to show up at author or writer events. Seriously. But, I live in Florida. So as much as I love you, I don't care if you're going to an event in Washington state. Sorry. And I kind of don't think that should be a blog post, you know? Add it to an events tab and tweet it or something.

I'm not talking about a recap with pics and tidbits from an event--I love those. I'm talking about "I'm going to TLA, and will be here, here, and here. Come see me!" I mean, that's great, but you've set up for people from all over the world to get your blog content SENT TO THEIR EMAIL INBOXES. I don't know about you, but I already have to spend thirty minutes to an hour deleting junk email everyday. I don't need to get an extra email about your schedule at an event I'm nowhere near.

Anyway, it got me thinking. What kind of blog content are you looking for, Oasis Seekers? What do you blog about? What blog posts of yours have gotten the most attention? What would you like to see more of here?

2 comments:

  1. This has been on my mind too! I'm still loving to read and write posts with photos, stories--hopefully something funny, inspirational, or encouraging. I usually tack on business information at the end. I don't know if what I'm doing is the "right" way, but it's what I like to find in my inbox so I will try to keep doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The series of posts I did awhile back on my favorite Decameron stories actually seem to be among my most-viewed, though no one ever comments on them. I suppose they're only interested in reading them for scholarly reasons, like for doing a report. I also get a lot of hits on my unflattering review of A Farewell to Arms, and my most popular search terms include "I hate Ernest Hemingway" in many variations.

    I like to read and write posts about writing craft, esp. historical. I'm going to be doing posts in the near future on various aspects of historical fiction, like defence of contemporary historical, how to use food in historical, technology, cars, higher education, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails