Thanks for joining us, Shelli. I know you're swamped for time with Indie ReCon going on, so let's keep this short and sweet.
1. You've blogged forever with Market My Words (that's where I first got to know you), so what it your single best piece of marketing advice for authors.
Plan ahead. Marketing should be easier because you follow a plan.
2. What's the hardest thing about being an author?
indie author? The whole process is hard but marketing is toughest and where I spend most my time. As a writer? rejection definitely :)
3. You have stunning covers! Can you tell us your super-cool story about how they were made.
Vania at VLC photo is a friend of mine. When I decided to indie pub, I called her first. She is amazing. I knew the vision for my book so she found the model and made it happen. She has done all my covers and I adore her work. http://www.vlcphoto.net/
4. What's the most fun experience you've gotten to have because you're an author?
Meeting with teens! I love doing school visits. I love hearing what they like and what is cool? I write for them so interacting with them is #1.
5. You're stranded on a dessert oasis. What one thing must you have with you?
Duh - my computer - I would die without it. Sad...but i figure if i have my computer - ill have ebooks too which will prob last longer than paper with the weather and all. :)
That makes total sense! And now for the contest: enter the Rafflecopter contest below (you have a week) for a chance to win an e-book of your choice written by S.R. Johannes. You can go with the sweet tween angel story (On the Bright Side), either of the teen wilderness adventure novels (Untraceable or Uncontrollable), or the teen dystopic novelette (Suffocate).