Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday Meme: Book series'


Join the Oasis thankful-fest once a week - sending out good energy and get some back in return!


 This meme was created to help our Oasis Seekers connect with one another. We know most of you are on your journey to publication and there's every reason to be a team and support each other. When you participate in the Thankful for Thursday meme, hopefully other Oasis Seekers will seek you out and you can do the same. See someone who's thankful for the same things you are? Follow them! You never know what friendship may come of it.


Topic this week: What book series are you most thankful for and why?

When I saw this prompt, I was like, “Oh boy! How do I choose?!”  There wasn’t a way, so I used the ol’ stand-by…eenie, meenie, Minie, Mo. :D  Of course, that didn’t work either. LOL. So, I picked two.  Yes, I’m cheating. Kinda.  ; ) The second will be posted at my blog.


The first one is the one I’m MOST grateful for and that would be the Hunger Games series.  Not only was it an exceptional story, but it was beautifully written and had me running through the gambit of my emotions. 

The reason I’m grateful for it is it made me realize that the story I had simmering in the back of my mind COULD be told.  That there was a market for it.  It also made me realize that first person, present tense is a viable option—if it’s done right.

Here are the rules to participate each week:

1. Grab next week's Thankful prompt from below and write a post about it. It doesn't have to be book or publishing related (but it can be!)

2. Be sure to grab our badge and include it in your post next Thursday.

3. Post a link to your blog in the comments here so that others can find you.

4. Go forth and share your gratitude! (And when friending new blogs, be sure to let them know you found them because of their participation in the meme.)



Next Week's Prompt: Website. What writing/reading website are you most grateful for and why?

3 comments:

  1. I dug deep into my past to come up with this series: http://jessie-harrell.blogspot.com/2011/04/thankful-for-thursday-series.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I went even further back than Jessie! http://www.nikkikatz.com/?p=994

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Hunger Games series also. And I agree, if done properly first person, present tense can be really interesting and jarring.
    http://dawnbrazil.blogspot.com/2011/04/thankful-thursday-book-series.html

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails