We used to do a post every week on finding sanctuary. Now that we don't do a weekly post, I thought it was time to revisit some of the ways that we can work sanctuary into our writing time. (Yes, I'm all about multi-tasking.)
* Take your laptop and write beside a crackling fire
* Burn a candle in your favorite scent
* Make yourself a steaming cup of hot cocoa (come on, you know you secretly want one too every time you make it for the kids)
* Wrap one of those heat-able wraps or blankets around your shoulders to release tension while typing
* Make a new playlist full of your favorite mellow songs
* Close your e-mail folder and/or turn off your internet, so you don't know or aren't able to access the many possible distractions that linger
* Consider writing long hand. The extra time it takes to write down the words will give you brain additional time to be creative and you may find things just flow when you move away from the computer.
What other ideas and tips can you share for making writing time just a little more relaxing?