Tuesday, September 11, 2012

TBR TUESDAY: Clockwork Princess

Danger intensifies for the Shadowhunters as the New York Times bestselling Infernal Devices trilogy comes to a close.

If the only way to save the world was to destroy what you loved most, would you do it?

The clock is ticking. Everyone must choose.

Passion. Power. Secrets. Enchantment.

Danger closes in around the Shadowhunters in the final installment of the bestselling Infernal Devices trilogy.


In Clockwork Princess, Tessa and her companions travel all over the world as they race to stop the clockwork army before it’s too late. As Jem’s health worsens alarmingly and his friends search desperately for a cure, can Tessa choose between the two boys she loves—even if it means never seeing the other one again? 

First of all, LOOK at that cover! OMG it's just stunning. The Infernal Devices series has possibly the best covers in the business. Bloody brilliant! 

I think I've made it abundantly clear that I'm the redheaded stepchild in the Shadowhunter world, if not the entire YA world, because I do NOT like Cassie Clare's The Mortal Instruments. Forbidden love is one thing, but the brother/sister angle (though we all know now that they really weren't) totally ruined Jace and Clary for me. I'm sure it stems from having a son and daughter at those ages. It just felt wrong to me. Which made me sad because I really enjoy the Shadowhunter mythology and the characters. I just couldn't stomach their romance.

Then along came The Infernal Devices! It was like the heavens opened and delivered my a gift shining with the light of a serph blade in the hands of a half-angel. I'll make my love for this one really easy for you and give it to you in word problem form. Don't worry, no solving for X or Y...

(Shadowhunter + steampunk) - sibling squick = AWESOME 

I don't want to put any spoilers out there for those who haven't read the first two The Infernal Devices books Clockwork Angel or Clockwork Prince. What draws me to this series is it has a heaping scoop of the badass Shadowhunter action/drama/romance of nephilim, werewolves, warlocks and vampires, plus a well metered serving of steampunk, with the automatons and evil geniuses. Top that with the unique characters (I love Jem!!), with their gifts and curses, strengths and weaknesses. A book fit for the picky reader (read: ME) who wants all the Shadowhunter badassery without the unsettling romance.

Cassie's website


1 comment:

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails