Thursday, September 06, 2012

Whoseywhatsit Thursday: Getting Back in the Saddle


The kids are back in school. The schedule has been (somewhat) established. It's time for me to dive back into my manuscript.

Unfortunately I kind of forgot where I left off!  So I've actually spent the past few weeks trying to entrench myself in the manuscript.  I started at the beginning, edited along the way, and am getting ready to start adding new words.

It can be daunting to have to go back and read through 100 pages just to start writing again. So here are other ideas if you find yourself taking a WIP hiatus and need/want to get back into the project again.
  • Read your query.
  • Read your synopsis. 
  • Glance through your character collages.
  • Review any journals or other devices you may have used.
  • Listen to any playlists you may have put together.
  • Have someone else read out loud a scene or two from the manuscript.
  • Read the last 5 pages you wrote.
  • Start fresh ... dive into a scene further along in the book that you've been itching to write.
What tools do you use to resume a work in progress?

1 comment:

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails