Monday, June 20, 2011

Sanctuary When You're Mad

You ever have one of those days where you're mad at the world for no good reason?  'Cause that was me yesterday.  Literally, I had NO reason for being in a foul mood, but that didn't stop me.  Everyone and everything annoyed me -- from the grocery store that didn't have the kind of potatoes I wanted to there being too much crap in our junk drawer.
So I gave myself a time out.  Not that I could just go sit in a corner (no - because there was corn to husk and potatoes to peel), but I tuned out everything except my favorite artist: Joshua Radin.



I shuffled every song of his on my iPhone and listened to it two times through.  After singing my favorite songs out loud (much to my family's chagrin, I'm sure) while I prepped food, I felt much better.

Deep breaths.  Some days we need sanctuary from ourselves... music is the way I can take a vacation from my own head.  What are your tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails