Thursday, June 23, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY: Rejections

Like AE last week, I almost forgot about today's Thankful Thursday!

Have you received a rejection on a project (remember they reject your work, never YOU) that you were later thankful for?

Personally, I don't know that I've ever been THRILLED or THANKFUL for a rejection, but I can honestly look back at some of mine and say "Wow. They really had nice things to say. One agent loved my writing so much she wanted to see something else I was working on. That's a pretty good rejection in my book!!"

What about you?

To join in the weekly meme, just do the following:

1. Do your own blog post on what you're thankful for today. It doesn't have to be on topic (but it can be!)

2. Be sure to grab our badge and include it in your post.

3. Post a link to your blog in the comments here so that others can find you.

4. Go forth and share your gratitude! (And when friending new blogs, be sure to let them know you found them because of their participation in the meme.)


Next Week's Topic: Let's get out of the realm of writing and YA for a bit. What picture book are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I've saved all those "good" rejection e-mails. It was so gratifying to hear "you can write even if this story's not for me." It can be easy to get discouraged by the rejections, so even a little personalized positive reinforcement can go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of agents and editors that Char and I got rejections from that we're very friendly with because they're just cool people. Their suggestions and encouragement--even through saying no--all had a part to play in the journey. And who knows--there might be a yes! tucked somewhere in the future... :)

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails