Thursday, September 08, 2011

Whoseywhatsit Thursday: Crit Style

Hello you lovely Oasis Seekers!  I am soooo excited to be writing my first Oasis blogpost, and it's a super cool one.

First, how cool is WHOSEYWHATSIT THURSDAY?!  Right?  That was A.E.'s creation, and we all love it immensely.  Actually, just typing it makes me smile. :)  Thursdays will be a sort of whatever we come up with, whatever's going on kinda day, and I think Whoseywhatsit fits that perfectly.

In fact, on two Thursdays a month, it means an opportunity for you!  I have the privilege of announcing out new critique feature.  On the first Thursday of the month (technically that was last Thursday, but we were still on hiatus), we will post a call for volunteers.  We'll let you know what we're critting that month, and if you're interested, you can leave your name and email in the comments.  We will randomly choose a volunteer and email that person for their submission (whatever we've chosen to crit for the month).  Then we will post our critiques the following Thursday (the second Thursday of the month).

Okay, so, this month we are going to look at your first 250 words.  So, if you are interested in having all six of the Oasis Ladies critique your first 250 words, please let us know in the comments and be sure to leave your email.  We will choose one person at noon on Sunday, and you will have 24 hours to email us your submission.  We will post our crits next week (Please note, if the critiques get too lengthy, we reserve the right to condense them for posting purposes).

In addition, a bloggerly friend of ours, Ebyss, is having a contest to win a first chapter/ten-page crit from all of us, so head over there and check it out.

So, lots of opportunities for crits from us!  Yay! Oh, and I posted a little About Me on my blog Tuesday, in case you want to get to know me a little better.  Please stop by and say hi!

Okay, sign up for the 250-word crit in the comments, and tell us about a great crit experience you've had. :)

9 comments:

  1. Sure, sounds awesome!

    1000th.monkey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh yes yes--I have 250 words I would love for you to look at :) xxxxNat natalie_zaman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the author of a YA Paranormal romance, heavy on the thriller. This book is an easy read for those who want drama and suspense in everyday life. Which also includes ghosts.

    I hope you'll choose me for your critique!
    j.galuska@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually got about 70,000 words I love for you guys to read, but alas 250 would be lovely.

    Cheers,

    Julie

    truekingsley@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Sounds good to me. eprats1 (at) gmail (.) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first post!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! edwardvarga@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 250 words. I wanna enter too.

    Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails