Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Holiday Stress




While I love the Holidays, they're also the most stressful part of the year for me.  Inevitably that's when EVERYONE wants me to do something for them and I always have a hard time saying no.  Then I get to the point where I want to tear my hair out.  Then I end up getting angry with someone over something stupid.  This year has been no exception. 

What does this have to do with Thankful Thursday?  Well, all this stress reminds me that I have a LOT to be thankful for.  Family and friends who love me.  A worthwhile career, that while it hasn't paid the bills yet, provides me with not just a means of stress, but stress relief, and fulfills so many dreams.  And while I bemoan Holiday shopping.  I'm grateful for the fact that I CAN shop for gifts this year.  In years past this wasn't always possible.  I'm also grateful for all the nasty and cruel people I've run into during my shopping.  It reminds me NOT to be them.  Which I admit, has been a bit more difficult this year.

I'm also extremely grateful for my blog sisters this year, who have provided me with endless reasons to be happy this year.  From sharing in their successes and allowing me to share mine, to complaining about the frustrations of family and writing.



So, since this is the month of sharing, what frustrations are you thankful for this holiday season?

1 comment:

  1. Too true Jessica!!! Too true. I'm thankful for all of you - and for my (mostly) healthy family. I'll take the colds and ear infections if it means that the rest of the year my kiddos can run around the house screaming at the top of their lungs.

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails