Thursday, May 19, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY: Teacher Inspiration

Join the Oasis thankful-fest once a week - sending out good energy and get some back in return!

This meme was created to help our Oasis Seekers connect with one another. We know most of you are each on your journey to publication and there's every reason to be a team and support each other. When you participate in the Thankful for Thursday meme, hopefully other Oasis Seekers will seek you out and you can do the same. See someone who's thankful for the same things you are? Follow them! You never know what friendship may come of it.

This Week's Topic: What teacher most encouraged you to grow as a reader or writer?

This topic was chosen by AE last week, so I'm going to answer it by saying I honestly don't think any of my teacher's inspired or encouraged me to be a reader or writer! At the crucial ages where I was learning to read and write, learning language arts, and even taking AP English in college - I had horrible teachers who squashed any sort of creativity I might have had. My mom, who is an avid reader, instilled a sense of reading and writing in me at a very early age - so I have to thank her instead :)

Here are the rules to participate:

1. Do your own blog post on what you're thankful for today. It doesn't have to be book or publishing related (but it can be!)

2. Be sure to grab our badge and include it in your post.

3. Post a link to your blog in the comments here so that others can find you.

4. Go forth and share your gratitude! (And when friending new blogs, be sure to let them know you found them because of their participation in the meme.)

And there you have it -- come on out and tell us what you're thankful for today!

This Week's Topic: Which of your five senses do you most appreciate and why?

4 comments:

  1. I have much to be thankful of, but one thing I'm most thankful for are my struggles - they have made me stronger than I ever would have believed. my blog: http://lmpreston.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Blogger ate everything last week, including the meme that was supposed to be about teachers, I'm re-linking to my post sending love to some of my best teachers:
    http://jessie-harrell.blogspot.com/2011/05/thankful-for-thursday-teachers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a long-winded Ode to my high school French Teacher, Freda Frazer. She made me who I am today by scholastically and intellectually kicking my ass. And I am forever grateful.

    http://elenialexandraki.blogspot.com/2011/05/ode-to-mrs-frazer-ohs-queen-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its' kind of sad, but I don't have one teacher that really impacted me. There have been a few different ones but that only name I can remember is my third grade teacher--Mrs. Flood. She made everyone cry...

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails