Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday Meme: All About the Senses

Our Oasis Meme was created to ponder, encourage, and mostly celebrate all that is Young Adult. Each week we post a question about writing, publishing, and/or young adult topics/issues and the next week we answer it. 

We'd love for you to grab our Meme Motto, join us every Thursday, and connect with other Oasis Seekers and the YA community at large.

This Week's Topic: Which of your five senses do you most appreciate and why?

This is an intensely tough question for me. I am Sense person at heart. I love the eyes, and am a true believer they are the windows to the soul. Smells are interesting and can be used to create scenes from serious to humorous. Sounds and tastes can do the same, creating a unique world or setting. But for today, I guess I'll go with touch. This is probably because I just wrote an intimate scene between my two main characters where they do not kiss--only touch, mere butterfly touches that cause internal reactions and growth in the characters. I love the subtle that ends up erupting in the powerful.

So there you have it. My take on Senses. Share yours. 

 Here are the rules to participate:

1. Do your own blog post on what you're thankful for today. It doesn't have to be book or publishing related (but it can be!)

2. Be sure to grab our badge and include it in your post.

3. Post a link to your blog in the comments here so that others can find you.

4. Go forth and share your gratitude! (And when friending new blogs, be sure to let them know you found them because of their participation in the meme.)

And there you have it -- come on out and tell us what you're thankful for today! 

This Week's Topic: Of all the high school groups or clicks, which do you enjoy writing the most? 

5 comments:

  1. I love eyes as well... in writing, I think smells bring the book alive as it's the sense not at all used while you're reading, lol!

    As a mother of a child with sensory integration issues, we've done a lot of research on touch - getting to know the bodies signals and understanding what they mean. The brain is an awesome thing, but signals can be easily tangled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough, just yesterday I posted on senses and a perfect moment that I was thankful for:

    http://1000thmonkey.blogspot.com/2011/05/fur-fire-and-grass.html

    Of all the senses, I think scent is the biggest one for me. Scents can bring up a flood of memories, like walking down the street and suddenly smelling the cologne your first boyfriend used to wear... or how certain foods cooking can take you back to your childhood. Scent is hugely powerful at re-connecting to memories, and often even the emotions you experienced at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with SOUND: http://jessie-harrell.blogspot.com/2011/05/thankful-for-thursday-senses.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta say it's mostly about what I see. That's the way I learn and remember best and that's what I need to create stories.

    Very nice question to think about, Oasis.

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails