Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Blast from our Pasts

 

Today we're going back in time to our own high school days and pop up some of the songs we remember. 

They made us laugh, cry, rage.  Some songs we even remember fondly as our make out song.  Or...Well I'll just leave this alone as I'm sure my family is reading.  LOL. 

They were our soundtracks for our lives.  Most of us can remember what we were doing when we this song came on, or that one.  We can maybe vaguely remember who were dating at the time (unless you're like me and you're still stuck with your high school sweetheart.  :D )

I remember singing into my hairbrush with a lot of these songs or cruising with my girls and screaming the lyrics into the steering wheel.

They can bring back good memories or bad, or even just what we ate that day.  But no matter what response or memory they trigger, it's an excellent way to remember our own high school days and use them for novel fodder.

From Sheri: 
Shout at the Devil, Motley Crue
Don't Stop, Fleetwood Mac
All Fired Up, Pat Benatar
Pour Some Sugar On Me, Def Leppard
Every Rose Has It's Thorn, Poison

Jessie remembers:
Two Princes by The Spin Doctors
Hold My Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish
Run Around, Blues Traveler
I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't do That) by Meatloaf
Kiss from a Rose by Seal

Nikki's choices: 

Vogue, Madonna
Jump, Kris Kross
I Wanna Sex You Up, Color Me Badd
Good Vibrations, Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch
Losing My Religion, R.E.M.

A.E.'s:
Bon Jovi's Runaway:My best guy friend was in theater--he wanted to do a stage performance of it, and wanted me to play the part of "the runaway." I hate having a fuss made of me, hate being the center of attention, and he wanted me to get up on stage in a little black corset number... I choreographed, helped with the set design, but we never did perform it. Thank God.
Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar
Winger's Seventeen
Europe's Final Countdown (long story including a hot guy, a scintillating dance with him singing off key in my ear in a French accent and a street party in France...)
Aldo Nova's Fantasy

And mine:
My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion
Barbie Girl, Aqua
Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Iris, GooGoo Dolls
Angel, Sarah McLachlan

3 comments:

  1. These are all great! AE, Winger...I loved Seventeen. Great YA song. And Jessica, I almost used Angel. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Pour Some Sugar!!! Except every time I hear it, I have the overwhelming urge to dance on top of a bar. Not that I have...just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sheri Is there a better Winger song?? I think not. ~_^

    @Candace Um... in my waitress/bouncer days, I actually *did* dance on the bar. Not with the water, the bump-and-grinding, or the hot Aussie guy, though...

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails