Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Tunes: WIP Inspiration (& IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT)

ANNOUNCEMENT FIRST:  If you entered our contest yesterday before we made your name and e-mail address a required field - PLEASE - complete the form again.  We're sorry for the oversight, but we have no way to know who you are otherwise. Silly us! And if you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for?

NOW, TUESDAY TUNES: We've been busy ladies lately. Starting new WIPs, editing old ones. Summer seems to have made our creative juices explode like a geyser. And as always, music is a huge inspiration for us. In hopes of inspiring all of you, we're sharing some of our current favorite tunes from our WIP playlists.
Jessie: "Stay Here With Me" by Benjy Davis Project. (Click on the song title to listen - this cool song hasn't found its way onto YouTube yet.)  In my current WIP, the male and female main characters are rather star-crossed; being simultaneously drawn together by an ancient past and driven apart by uncertainty, a curse, and time that's rapidly slipping away.

When we're here together
I feel like there's a chance that
There might just be a home for lost souls like us

Stay here with me
I wanna be part of your past
I know I wasn't your first kiss
But I could be your last and
Stay here with me,
If those were the days I guess it's true
Someday we'll say that these were too

Sheri: "She is Love" by Parachute. Once Viktor realizes that he can't fight his attraction to Ana anymore, he has a poignant moment where he lets go. He decides to love her, knowing that it will probably bring his end. But isn't that what love truly is? A sacrifice. It had been so many years since he believed in anything. His demise is worth one moment with her, one pure taste of passion.

I've been taken down.
I've been kicked around.
But she takes it all for me.
And I lost my faith,
In my darkest days.
She makes me want to believe.


Nikki: "Fix You" by Coldplay.

High up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Jessica: "Sleep Well My Angel" by We Are the Fallen. It is actually the song that inspired the scene for either THE EXILED or its sequel, THE DAMNED. I haven't decided where to place it yet, but it's absolutely gorgeous and really sad. I can't say anything about the scene or I give away details of the book, but here are the lyrics. I think you'll get the gist of it:

Watching you sleep for so long,
Knowing I can't turn the rain into sun any more
I've given you all that I have,
Now I stand here, too scared to hold your hand.
Afraid you might wake to see,
The monster that had to leave.

A.E.: "Crazy for this Girl" by Lifehouse. This is a hard one. The story and plotline are evolving and growing everyday, and therefore the playlist is too. Currently, the song I listen to for RESONANCE is "Crazy for this Girl," by Lifehouse.
She was the one to hold me
The night
The sky fell down
And what was I thinking when
The world didn't end
Why didn't I know what I know now

Please share the songs you're passionate about  - support your favorite artists and help inspire your follow authors! 
**As always, we here at the Oasis encourage you to purchase music through appropriate venues.**

3 comments:

  1. I used music a lot on my first two books, but I don't so much anymore... not sure why. (scratches head) Lately it seems I've been more inspired by art--photographs and such.

    STILL--love, love, love the lyrics shared here. They're amazing. Oh, to capture the emotion of a song, when the music swells... good stuff~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    song I'm passionate about while querying: "Maybe This Time," from Cabaret~ LOL!!! :D j/k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally just posted about my favorite 'songs that remind me of books'! Ha, I love this post & you guys all chose such great songs!

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails