Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TUESDAY TUNES: Make Out Songs

This week I thought we'd all post our favorite make-out songs (maybe for our characters ... maybe for us personally)!





Sheri:
Can't help it, especially after this weekend. It has to be "I'll Be
There For You" by Bon Jovi. ";-)

I'll be there for you.
These five words I swear to you.
When you breath, I want to be the air for you.
I'll be there for you.

I'd live and I'd die for you.
I'd steal sun from the sky for you.
Words can't say what love can do.
I'll be there for you.

Jessie:
I think Joshua Radin's songs are beautiful and romantic and I can totally see having a make-out session to them. (Unfortunately, he came a little after my make-out days.) However, I'm going to go with "I'm Yours" by The Script:

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours
And though my edges may be rough
And never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours


For me, I can envision the soft guitar chords playing as the characters get closer and closer to each other, leaning in for that first kiss. Slightly rough fingers play over her cheek bones as he cradles her face, and the song echoes in the background: I may not have the softest touch. I'd be gone if that ever happened to me. :)

AE:
With two wily, busy teens in our little house, if opportunity for a smooch knocks, hubby and I are taking it, with or without the music. ~_^ I don't really have a song for my characters, either, but I play Corrupt by Depeche Mode when I'm writing the steamy, tingly scenes. But, with RESONANCE I've been breaking some of my old molds and have been listening to the Falling Slowly duet by Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox while writing scenes with River and Faith.

Jessie:
Okay, I'm going to go with Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. It's a bit "old school," but it's the song I remember playing the very first time I kissed my husband (before we were married, of course :D ) Even now the lyrics speak volumes to me.

I never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters


Nikki:
Like AE, I don't have a make out song, so I had to dig through iTunes for something! I think Flyleaf's 'All Around Me' stood out the most...

My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you
I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you


What's your favorite make out song?

4 comments:

  1. Angel by Aerosmith
    Beautiful by Northmont
    Wonderful by Eric Calpton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me: "Criminal" by Fiona Apple.

    For my characters, lately my go-to song for romantic scenes has been "Everyday Things" by David Usher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candyland: Wonderful by Eric Clapton is awesome. Another melt your heart sort of song that makes you want to smooch your honey.

    Kathleen: I didn't know about the David Usher song but I'm listening to it now - great song!

    ReplyDelete

Breaths that matter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails